Skip to main content

News

• Welcome to DeepThought!  Make yourself at home!

Topic: D&D Campaign Thread: Winter of our Malcontents (Read 595620 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: D&D Campaign Thread: Winter of our Malcontents
Reply #800
From the ground, I flail at my enemy wildly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #801
[Everyone's a critic :D

Stealth check of 24 and can you add 9 to the damage on B]

Reply #802
"Um," I say as the corporal disappears.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #803
From the ground, I flail at my enemy wildly.

Poor Oleg.  No, not a hit.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #804
"That one," A orders, indicating the batform Valenae, "and the ghost must be dispatched.  Attempt to take the others alive."

"Not the necromancer!" protests B.

"She is young enough to repent," A replies firmly.

Reply #805
"Dispatched?"

Optimists, I guess. Or idiots. "Good luck with that. I'll just keep coming back."

Reply #806
"I'm not a godsdamned idiot necromancer," I state indignantly.

Reply #807
[Pepper Turn 5]

Stance of the Cunning Fox

Move: Stand up.

Standard Action: Attack: Clever Shot: 1d20+16/1d10+8 damage + the target fall prone: 14+16 = 30/10+8 = 18 + prone: Target: C1 (if this kills him, I want the bolt to go through his eye socket and out the back of his skull, pinning him to the wall.

Free Action: shift to K10.

Move: duck back down behind the counter.  Stealth: 20+14 = 34

Hells, Otto.  Zealots.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #808
[Pepper Turn 5]

Move: Stand up.

Standard Action: Attack: Clever Shot: 1d20+16/1d10+8 damage + the target fall prone: 14+16 = 30/10+8 = 18 + prone: Target: C1 (if this kills him, I want the bolt to go through his eye socket and out the back of his skull, pinning him to the wall.

Free Action: shift to K10.

Move: duck back down behind the counter.  Stealth: 20+14 = 34

Hells, Otto.  Zealots.

Strike.  Not enough to kill him, though.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #809
The commander shifts to F6, then takes a ruthless greatsword swing at Mari, really putting his back into it.  The blow does 17 radiant damage and 5 untyped damage (Martin, adjust for ghost and vulnerable).  He sighs when he sees that Mari is still not finished off.

C1 stands up, then cuts again at Astra, and his strike connects, knocking out any temp HP she has, doing 13 damage, and marking her until his next turn.   "Restrain the dwarf while he's down!" he calls to his C2 comrade, who replies, "Good thinking," and draws a set of manacles out of his pack.  He attempts to slap them on Oleg, but the dwarf's squirming thwarts him, at least for now (aka he failed his grab check).

Manacles, iron
Category: Gear
Price: 10 gp
Weight: 2 lb
Description: When you put these shackles on a helpless or otherwise incapacitated creature, that creature is restrained until it escapes or is freed. The Acrobatics check to escape from these restraints is against a hard DC of the creature's level.
    The Strength check to break the manacles is against a DC that depends on the quality of the manacles, whether iron (DC 24) or adamantine (DC 31).

Mari, Astra!

(sorry, forgot to draw the zones/auras on)
  • Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:58:23 AM by Teshi

Reply #810
The commander shifts to F6

[Free: Blurred Step, modified by the feat Harrying Step, allows me to teleport to E5 immediately after A's shift. That puts me outside B's aura when my turn begins.

Minor: sustain zone.
Standard: Second Wind; l regain 17 HP, and gain a +2 bonus to all defences.

Save vs. ongoing damage: 19
Save vs. immobilised: 3

Current HP: 22/31, no surges remaining.]

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #811
Astra!

Reply #812
"Getting real sick of you," I inform the thug as I stand up, then wrap my fist around the hilt of my sword as I consider punching him in the face; he's gotta be about ready to drop.  I hesitate though, glancing back at the woman - do you really care if she goes and kicks the sarge's ass now?  Looks like Corporal Bat's fucked off, anyway, but someone's gotta hold that doorway - then with a low growl of annoyance, charge at her.  My first swing goes wide, so I draw in a deep breath and try again, connecting squarely.  "Just try and fuck with the rest of 'em," I warn her, grinning.

[Move: Stand up

Minor: Perception check for hidden things: 8+10=18

Standard: Charge to G8, MBA vs B
Attack: 2+11+1-2=Miss vs AC

Spend an Action Point

Standard: Master's Edge vs B, B is marked
Attack: 20+11-2=29 vs AC
Hit: 13+2+4=19 damage, and until the end of the encounter, whenever B willingly moves to a square adjacent to one of my allies, I can MBA or charge her.]

Reply #813
[Astra may not be able to take C1 down in one hit - he's max 17hp off the end - so I figured I'd better stop B from spreading that aura around and leave finishing him to others for the moment.]

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #814
Hit!

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #815
The bloodied B snaps to their commander, "Yeah, I'm killing the little necromancer."  A merely sighs.  B snarls a word of power, and Astra is rendered vulnerable radiant 5 and if she takes radiant damage, she'll be immobilized.  Then she jams her spear into Astra, doing 11 damage and causing 5 ongoing radiant damage (save ends). 

(She succeeds at her own save versus ongoing damage.)

Valenae, Oleg, Pepper!

Reply #816
[HP: 28/52]

"Me?" I tell the woman casually.  "Oh, I'm taking you alive."

Reply #817

Reply #818
[Pepper Turn 6]

Move: Stand Up

Standard Action: Clever Shot: Target: C1: 17+16 = 33 vs AC/10+8 damage + prone = 18 + C1 falls prone into the fire.

Free Action: shift Pepper to L10

Move: duck down again.  Stealth = 19+14 = 33

Reply #819
I continue to flail on the ground, shouting, "No, not shackles! We must have unfettered capitalism!"

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #820
Blast that woman. Well she can wait.

My eyes glow red as I focus on the leader's back. He's pressing the ghost hard. That annoys me. I like her. I wonder what he tastes like. He looks like he needs tenderising. I can do that. I'm good at that. I'm very good at that.

I move towards him. My fingernails lengthen, my teeth sharpen. I can hear his blood. My hand tightens on the hilt of my sword. I'm directly behind him [G6].

I attack, nails raking his exposed skin. I puncture his flesh. I tear shreds from him. In two seconds he is bleeding. He smells good. He smells like life and death. My life, his death.

Onlookers would have seen wounds appear all over his body before I reappear just behind him, Leaning in, tongue out a little.

Just a taste, just a small one...Soon

Reply #821
"Um," I repeat, uncertainty and caution strongly flavouring my tone.  "You okay, Cor- Valenae?"

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #822
"Fan-freaking-tastic Astra. How about you, you good? You got this?" I reply grinning. Some days I love my job.

Reply #823
I spare a moment to shoot an incredulous glance his way, but figure it's not really the time to talk about what he just did.  You know what turns into bats and probably goes around all covered up from the sun, woman? I think to myself, trying to quash the idea as ridiculous.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #824
Blast that woman. Well she can wait.

My eyes glow red as I focus on the leader's back. He's pressing the ghost hard. That annoys me. I like her. I wonder what he tastes like. He looks like he needs tenderising. I can do that. I'm good at that. I'm very good at that.

I move towards him. My fingernails lengthen, my teeth sharpen. I can hear his blood. My hand tightens on the hilt of my sword. I'm directly behind him [G6].

I attack, nails raking his exposed skin. I puncture his flesh. I tear shreds from him. In two seconds he is bleeding. He smells good. He smells like life and death. My life, his death.

Onlookers would have seen wounds appear all over his body before I reappear just behind him, Leaning in, tongue out a little.

Just a taste, just a small one...Soon

Hit!

"Um," I repeat, uncertainty and caution strongly flavouring my tone.  "You okay, Cor- Valenae?"

"He's a vampire, dumbass!  What kind of sucktastic necromancer are you?"  B shouts.  "You ought to be fighting on our side!"

I continue to flail on the ground, shouting, "No, not shackles! We must have unfettered capitalism!"

I feel like there should be some kind of attack roll modifier for lines that good, but...miss!

[Pepper Turn 6]

Move: Stand Up

Standard Action: Clever Shot: Target: C1: 17+16 = 33 vs AC/10+8 damage + prone = 18 + C1 falls prone into the fire.

Free Action: shift Pepper to L10

Move: duck down again.  Stealth = 19+14 = 33

Hit!  C1's body falls into the fireplace.  After a moment you smell the horribly vaguely appetizing smell of roasting human.