Skip to main content

News

• Welcome to DeepThought!  Make yourself at home!

Topic: "Winter of our Malcontents" PG & Chat Thread (Read 250588 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: "Winter of our Malcontents" PG & Chat Thread
Reply #175
Incidentally, a normal load for a clawfoot tops out at 170lbs.

Reply #176
Tan-tans

Reply #177
How far can a human walk in a day?  Because I think that's our new group speed.

Reply #178
You people are way too good at this, and fast, for me. :D

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #179
You people are way too good at this, and fast, for me. :D

Nah, you're good.  When new datapoints drop it's usual for there to be a bit of a post swarm.  Just wade through, lol.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #180
Hey, once everyone's sorted their final inventory loadouts, please PM them to me, or edit them into your character descriptions in the reference thread.

Reply #181
So we came home from some errands and as we rolled up into the parking lot there were some teens there LARPing with foam swords and shields.  I jumped out of the car and waved my arm at them and yelled, "Magic Missile.  Magic Missile.  Magic Missile.  Roll for initiative!"  One guy laughed and said, "He gets it!  Do you guys LARP?"

Reply #182
Hey, once everyone's sorted their final inventory loadouts, please PM them to me, or edit them into your character descriptions in the reference thread.

I will edit Pepper in the Reference Thread.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #183
Off to do Friday Night Stuff.  I'll respond to any checks or dialogue gambits or whatnot either later tonight or when I get up tomorrow :)

Reply #184
Well thank god Valenae is here, because Astra's diplomacy bonus is 2.

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #185
Has winter started in Alaska? Cause this Friday night seems to be going for ages.

Reply #186
I have this idea to have Palitinate start juggling her daggers and have Creon jump through "The Hoop of Death." in the background, distracting the Corporal and lowering his DC level or something.

BUT.

Minions have 1 HP and I am not going to risk rolling a 1 one this.

Reply #187
Plus Palitinate would not do this under these circumstances.  She just wants to go.  All this standing around and talking talking talking.

Reply #188
I am sitting here trying to figure out how I can use athletics or endurance to impress him with my martial prowess lol

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #189
For borealis:

here's how a skill challenge is basically supposed to go, as imagined by someone who's never met any actual human beings:

Reply #190
What is the date in-game?

Reply #191
Also, I like how to Val the idea that there's something serious riding on all this is a bluff.

Reply #192
How can we narrate Pepper's perception check into something useful?

Reply #193
I just don't see anything useful she could've been perceiving at that point.

Reply #194
This is what I'm thinking.  Pepper is Special Forces and a sniper (spoilers!).  She would be trained to notice small details that could make big difference.  So she could be reading him for tells.  Or is that too much like Insight?

Reply #195
That does sound like Insight, yeah.  Which I suppose implies there's something else in our surroundings to perceive?

Reply #196
Yeah, I think there's too much overlap with Insight there. There's a case to be made that Perception could be used to detect, say, subtle shifts in body language, while Insight would be used to interpret them. But then you'd think every Insight check would need to be accompanied by a Perception check, which is needlessly complicated.

Reply #197
So at this point it's like "You notice that the third eyebrow from the left on his right side is kinked 15 degrees more than the two next to it."

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #198
Perception could be used on something about a person's environment, rather than on that person.

Reply #199
I'm here, can go next soon's I figure out what to do.