Skip to main content

News

• Welcome to DeepThought!  Make yourself at home!

Topic: D&D Campaign Thread: Winter of our Malcontents (Read 589892 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: D&D Campaign Thread: Winter of our Malcontents
Reply #1100
[Endurance Roll(1d20)+6: 14,+6, Total:20]

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1101
[Endurance Roll(1d20)+6: 14,+6, Total:20]
  Freed!

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #1102
[5 plus whatever my modifier is.  Brand new phone]

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1103
[5 plus whatever my modifier is.  Brand new phone]
  The manacles snap off, but accompanied by a distinct crack of bone.  "Sorry, mate," the drover winces.  "I did warn you."  [-5 HP]

Reply #1104
"Eladrin, why are you hiding beneath a blanket?" the newcomer asks idly, still focused on his writing.

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #1105
"Oh, ffs.....look, thanks....great...just peachy."

I see Astra riding away.

"Where is she going?"

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #1106
"Eladrin, why are you hiding beneath a blanket?" the newcomer asks idly, still focused on his writing.

"Skin condition.  Errant magic.  Fire. " I say idly as i watch Astra.

Reply #1107
"All three?" he murmurs, but seems content to leave the subject for now.

eta: [Insight: 12+10=22 vs Aden's 10+12=22 Bluff, so he wins!

FOR NOW]
  • Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 06:18:29 AM by jussr

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #1108
I look at him.

"Who are you?"

Reply #1109
"Lieutenant Colonel Alarich Karlach, in his majesty's service," the man replies as he tucks the charcoal stick away again and ties a ribbon around the letter in lieu of sealing it with wax.  "Delighted to make your acquaintance, Master...?"

As Karlach speaks he is making his way over to the courier, and hands the letter to him along with a galifar.  "Please see this delivered with all haste; dismissed," he tells him.
  • Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 06:10:50 AM by jussr

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #1110
"Colonel," I say, putting a terrible salute together.  "Corporal Valenae, Fighting Fish. "

Reply #1111
"Uh, Val?," I say quietly. "Are you forgetti...oh, never mind."

Reply #1112
Karlach gestures at the scene before you all.  "Report, Corporal," he says, and as his eyes flick to Mari, adds, "Include the presence of this ghost."

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #1113
"Well sir, we were minding our own business and some religious fanatics attacked us. This is Mari, and you have surmised correctly that she is a ghost. She is also a staunch ally. Sir."

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #1114
"Sir, I'm in a bad way and could really use a rest. "

Reply #1115
Karlach stares at Val for a long moment before commenting, "That was perhaps the most useless report I have ever heard in my career.  However did you receive your promotion, Corporal?"  He shakes his head and holds up a hand to stop Val from speaking further, casting his eyes over the rest of those gathered.  "We will have to work on it later; you are dismissed for now.  Would anyone else care to attempt making a report on this... situation before us?"

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #1116
"Thank you sir!" I say, snapping off a better salute. 

Oh gods, another officer.  This one seems smart though.  Nothing worse than a smart officer

Reply #1117
"Captain Oleg Olegov, sir," I salute, since we're apparently no longer making it a secret that we're in the army. "Out of Fort Deepdark. During the course of our mission, our commanding officer was called away, and we were told to rendezvous with their replacement here. Upon arriving at the roadhouse, we were attacked by well-armed hostiles and forced to surrender. Their interrogation was brief, and it was regarding our mission. They let us go, in shackles, but one of their own set the inn on fire after they left."

Reply #1118
Karlach nods.  "At ease, Captain.  The rest of the details - excepting the presence of the ghost - may wait for some measure of privacy, in that case."  He reaches into his furs and withdraws a sealed letter, which he passes over.  "As said replacement, I believe I have a letter of introduction for you."

In the background, Astra reappears and waits quietly, observing.

[When you break the seal the letter is indeed as he says, though you'll have to wait for teshi for any actual details beyond that!]
  • Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 03:45:22 PM by jussr

Reply #1119
I review the document. "Yes, everything seems in order and accounted for. I hereby relinquish command of this unit to you, Lieutenant Colonel."

What a relief! I'm a chaplain, dammit. I'm not cut out for this command stuff.

Reply #1120
"Command accepted, Captain," Karlach replies.  He waits expectantly for a moment before prompting, "The ghost?"

Reply #1121
"I died," I inform the new guy. "Then I got better. Ish."

Reply #1122
"Yes, I am aware of the general theory," Karlach replies, raising an eyebrow at Mari.  "That does not explain your presence here.  Or are you to be one of my soldiers?"

Reply #1123
"Well, sort of?" I reply. "In the sense that I'm coming along, yes. In the sense that I take orders from you, no. Think of me as an...independent consultant, maybe."

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1124
[When you break the seal the letter is indeed as he says, though you'll have to wait for teshi for any actual details beyond that!]

[It's a brief note stating that the bearer of the letter has been issued orders to join you in your mission, with General ir'Dulinch's signature and seal.]