Skip to main content

News

• Welcome to DeepThought!  Make yourself at home!

Topic: Look and Feel (Read 7790 times) previous topic - next topic

• oblivion
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Look and Feel
This thread is to discuss and decide on forum aesthetics.

I've thrown a few things together as placeholders as I configure DT, but none of it is cast in stone.  I'll also be working on the look and feel of my blog, and I don't care if the forum looks significantly different from the blog in terms of logo, artwork, favicon, etc.  

Re: Look and Feel
Reply #1
Is there a way to put a direct link up somewhere on the main forums page or the navigation menu for joining groups?  It's not super intuitive right now.  I didn't actually notice the menus were dropdowns until sparkle pointed it out to me.

• oblivion
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Look and Feel
Reply #2
I can probably do that once I find out why custom menu buttons don't show up for people who are in a custom member group.  Until I know that's fixable, I don't know how I want to proceed on a couple of other features I'd like to have.

I've reported this to the developer.

If the above problem isn't solvable I'll probably have to scrap the current "ask"/"accept" process (which I like!) and go with a process where the asking is manual - PM or post or something, and the owner of that subforum adds the person manually.

I don't think it's necessarily more work to do it that way, but the board owner won't get notification of a request automatically the way it happens now.