Skip to main content

News

• Welcome to DeepThought!  Make yourself at home!

Topic: A House of Wax Campaign Sign Up (Read 8994 times) previous topic - next topic

A House of Wax Campaign Sign Up
This is the sign-up thread for the 5E D&D game: A House of Wax.

This will be an opportunity to teach 5E to people new to that system, so I encourage both new and experienced players to participate.

This will be an adventure with action, exploration, some combat and plenty of room for character development.

Players will start at Level 3 and the game will allow progression to Level 6.  XP will not be rewarded.  Rather characters will be rewarded is Inspiration Points, items, magical artifacts, special powers and Levels for completing challenges set forth by the DM.

General Game World Notes

This will be a low magic setting.  Magic items will be rare.  Magic users will be oddities but will not suffer from prejudice.

You are citizens of the Kingdom of Gran Fenwick, an autocratic state just experiencing its first industrial revolution.  You can be a member of royalty, the bourgeoisie, a merchant or guild member, hold military rank, or be an ordinary schlub, whatever works for you.

General Character Creation Notes

***Character descriptions and backstories are limited to twenty-five (25) words or less.  To be submitted to the DM for approval.**

You can be any class you like so long as it is official published 5E material.

You can be any race you want with the exception of Dragonborn or Aasimar.  These do not exist in my game worlds.

Ability Scores: use the Standard Array found on page 13 of the PHB.  The Standard Array is 15,14,13,12,10,8.  Additionally add an 11 to that array so your starting ability scores are chosen from [15,14,13,12,11,10,8] and your Abilities are : Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma and Sanity.

You may use feats.

Humans may use the Alternative Build for Humans.

The description for each class details starting equipment for that class.  That is your starting equipment.

Post any questions you have about character creation here in this thread.

This game will begin after Teshi's game is concluded.

Listen to this.  It will set the theme for the opening scene.  Just listen to the music.

https://youtu.be/PDv2v2moP0M?list=PLWMwY4aw0kuIKfDij0Qnc_vtQloS5gje-
  • Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 05:30:44 PM by chaoschristian

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Re: A House of Wax Campaign Sign Up
Reply #1
In

Reply #2
In.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
In, insofar as I can predict that far into the future, lol

Reply #4
I'm in.

Reply #5
Yup.

Why do you hate aasimar, though? :(

Reply #6
Dragonborn and Aasimar are too over the top for me. I dont hate them. I just dont think they work as character classes except in a few narrow cases and most of my games dont fall into those areas.

Reply #7
Like what?  I thought aasimar in most editions were basically like tieflings, just from the other end of the alignment continuum.

Reply #8
Do you want to play an aasimar?

Reply #9
Probably not for my first game, but maybe eventually.  Or a tiefling with an aasimar in the party.  At present I'm curious.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Did they go back to making the aasimar proper tiefling counterparts, not some lame Dr. Manhattan wannabes?

Reply #11
Edited the OP to insert the video I wanted to include.

• oblivion
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #12
Maybe in.

Reply #13
Second song you need to listen to:

https://youtu.be/NJL7fwxYlmA

Reply #14