Skip to main content

News

• Welcome to DeepThought!  Make yourself at home!

Topic: "Winter of our Malcontents" PG & Chat Thread (Read 245860 times) previous topic - next topic

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: "Winter of our Malcontents" PG & Chat Thread
Reply #375
Apologies for being a little slow to respond lately - I was busy last week with finishing out the school year, and this weekend I'm doing holiday stuff.  I will be DROWNING in free time starting this coming week, though. 

Reply #376
When I first open the tab for the dice roller I always roll a D20 three times (because in my mind that helps to warm up the RNG - don't judge me!)

Rolled three natural 1s in a row. 

Reply #377
Memorial Day weekend!

I am running a one-shot for the kids this weekend.  If it works out well I'll keep it in pocket for a possible game here.

So the game was a hit. I can now refine some parts of the story and put it in my portfolio.

The kids really liked it. The setting was fantasy 1922 Nevada USA. Our friend played an ex-dick Mickey Spillane style, my daughter played as Alice Roosevelt and my son was a Maxim machine gun yielding half orc beserker named Grom.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #378
All right, I'm good to pick up the pace here with you folks who are here.  Since oblivion hasn't returned, we'll just go ahead as though Ivello didn't arrive for whatever reason, at least for now.  I have other things planned for you here anyway.

Diogenes, are you going to the door? :D
  • Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 02:57:54 AM by Teshi

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #379
It is time for forward momentum. 

Reply #380
Watching a D&D live stream about upcoming D&D offerings. https://www.twitch.tv/wotc_dnd

Reply #381
Storm King's Thunder hardcover adventure for 5e. Looks like an adventure with giants that isn't a rehash of Against the Giants. And a new 5e monster book I think. No word on new setting material yet (like Eberron for 5th edition :( ).

• oblivion
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #382
I'm sorry guys :(

I'm pretty much 100% consumed with TR Megadeath.  I don't know when that will change, but I expect the next few weeks to be ridiculous.

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #383
Good luck ob.

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #384
Whoa, what happened there?

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #385
I need to re-read how mounts work in combat o.O

Reply #386
I can't help with mapping for a couple weeks; laptop's hdd is dying and it's currently running an OS off a DVD.  No downloading images or anything else.

eta: oh god i just realised i am gonna have to track hp on PAPER
  • Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 12:26:38 PM by jussr

Reply #387
Well Ive got some catching up to do.

Reply #388
What's animal handling?

eta: lol wrong edition, buddy!
  • Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:29:21 PM by jussr

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #389
I wasn't sure what happened if someone was doubly grabbed, so I looked it up:
Escape
A creature can attempt to escape when it is grabbed. Other immobilizing effects might also let a creature try to escape.
Escape a Grab or Immobilizing Effect
Action: Move action.
Acrobatics or Athletics Check: The creature makes either an Acrobatics or an Athletics check. Normally, the immobilizing effect specifies the DC for the check. If no DC is specified, an Acrobatics check is opposed by the Reflex of the immobilizing creature or effect, and an Athletics check is opposed by its Fortitude.
Against Multiple Grabbers: If the creature is trying to escape and is grabbed by more than one source at once, the creature makes a single check against the highest of the grab DCs. The DC increases by 2 for each grabber beyond the first, to a maximum increase of 8.
Success: If the check succeeds, the immobilizing effect ends on the creature, which can then shift 1 square.

Reply #390
What's animal handling?

eta: lol wrong edition, buddy!

Nature.  I've got so many different D&D rules running around in my head some were bound to bump into one another sooner or later.

• oblivion
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #391
Whoa, what happened there?

Our web host is what happened.  Someday I'll be able to talk about it without needing to gruesomely murder someone.

Reply #392
tbf, even if Astra does hear someone bellowing "Unclean spirit, I compel you!" I'm not so sure she'd interfere lol

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #393
Hi!  I'm on my way to Valdez and the cell service is terrible.  I'll move characters when we get to the hotel.

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #394
Valdez, Spain? Pretty sure their internet is better than Alaska.

• Aden
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #395
Also it's spelled Valdés.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #396
Valdez as in "Exxon Valdez" :\

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #397
Incidentally, if you don't want surprise humorous loot, if you haven't already, you probably want to send me your wish lists within the next few days, lol.

Reply #398
Surprise humorous loot is cool, but if there is a dwarven thrower of some kind, I'm good with that.

Reply #399
Don't steal Astra's :(