Skip to main content

News

• Welcome to DeepThought!  Make yourself at home!

Topic: "Winter of our Malcontents" PG & Chat Thread (Read 246529 times) previous topic - next topic

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: "Winter of our Malcontents" PG & Chat Thread
Reply #75
bo, are you aware that your avatar looks like this, lol

People who don't have an avatar at all just have a blank.

Reply #76
I'm thinking of it as x marks the spot. As it looks like an x in my view. Sad result of a failed upload yesterday.

I need a free photo manipulation tool, one that can reduce the size of things as opposed to merely cropping them, but the computer is new and I'm still scared of doing things to it.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #77
You could just upload to flickr and then use their editing tool to resize, I think

Reply #78
Yes. Then I would have to make an account.

(I know, I know, I will. Some photo thingie.)

Reply #79
Can someone explain requisitioning stuff? Do we just get issued a standard set of supplies or do we have to pick?

Reply #80
Can someone explain requisitioning stuff? Do we just get issued a standard set of supplies or do we have to pick?

Teshi has a list of common and mundane we can pick from. It is in the game announcement thread.

Jussr helped with your gear?

Reply #81
Armour, weapons, jewelry etc.? Yes, thankfully, or I'd still be mulling over what to do. No, I meant gear for the journey, packs, clothing, etc., or is it assumed we're all smart enough to pack long johns on an Arctic hike?

Reply #82
Aha!

You'll be issued a travel kit with that kind of stuff (rations, bedroll, flint and tinder, etc.)  But do choose the level 6 items (5/6/7 magic items and the gp or it's worth in stuff) you want for your particular character's build.  The gp and magic items are a lot for a normal soldier, so if it'd be OOC for your character to be so fancy,  you can be issued it from the stores for this mission during the game's prologue.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #83
Since we are soldiers, do we have to worry about gear like bedrolls, etc ourselves or are you going to requisition a standard load-out for each of us?

Select one, appropriate to your character:  cloth armor, leather armor, hide armor, chainmail, scale armor, or plate armor
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Select a weapons loadout from among the following:  dagger, handaxe, spear, short sword, longsword, crossbow (and bolts), hand crossbow (and bolts), light shield, heavy shield

Everyone gets:  bedroll, torch, fannypack, flint and steel, waterskin, backpack, candles, trail rations, identification papers

As a party you also are issued two tents and two lengths of rope.

Any additional items your characters want to bring should come out of their own funds and/or magic item allotment. 

Did I overlook anything?

You can add winter clothes to the list, and I, thy benevolent god, will also give you five mounts...of some sort.

Reply #84
...of some sort.

I have this feeling Valanae isn't getting the pick of the litter, so to speak. :D

Reply #85
I want a HUGE wool or fur cloak.

Because it SNOWED here again this evening and I'm not having my fantasy character running around without something warm. Just thinking about it would make me chilly.

Reply #86
for the love of the gods, someone who can read please perception check that book

Reply #87
I forget.  Do all elves in 4E trance or is that just Eladrin?  All 5e elves do not sleep, but meditate.

Reply #88
Gods, elves think they're so spiritual and stuff.  ::)

Reply #89
Palitinate isn't particularly spiritual or religious, I'm just making sure I'm not missing something of tactical importance.

Reply #90
I forget.  Do all elves in 4E trance or is that just Eladrin?  All 5e elves do not sleep, but meditate.

Just Eladrin and Drow in 4e, I believe.

Reply #91
Another reason why I don't like either. 

Reply #92
What is the benefit of meditate over sleep? Preventing people sneaking up on your party? Warforged confer that advantage, I know.

Reply #93
Trance in 4e and Meditation in 5e only require 4 hours rest time (halving the time for a long rest) and you keep awareness bonuses so you don't get ambushed while resting.

Reply #94
Thank you. :)

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #95
Hey, can we get a list of languages the PCs know?

Reply #96
Palitinate: Common, Elven

Reply #97
Palitinate: Common, Elven
Leatherleaf: Common, Dwarven, Elven

Reply #98
Astra: Common, Dwarven

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #99
Also:  give me a list of items, in a good range from from level 6-14, that you might wish to receive as quest/combat rewards. 

If you don't, I'll just pick the worst/funniest items for you.  Because DMing is about making your own fun.