Skip to main content

News

• Welcome to DeepThought!  Make yourself at home!

Topic: "Winter of our Malcontents" PG & Chat Thread (Read 250837 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: "Winter of our Malcontents" PG & Chat Thread
Reply #125
I'm off to bed. Please assume I tiredly mount whatever critter I'm offered and barely speak on the journey to the outpost.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #126
Night :)

Reply #127
Xander says goodnight.

Reply #128
What's the range on the torch's bright light and dim light?

Reply #129

Category: Gear
Price: 1 sp
Weight: 1 lb
Description: A torch is a wooden rod capped with twisted flax soaked in tallow. A torch burns for one hour and provides bright light to a radius of 5 squares.

Reply #130
Is Astra the only one of us who doesn't have low-light vision?

Reply #131
She has low-light vision.  I don't know if Martin's character does.

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #132

I think the light mysteriously disappears beyond the five square radius.  OoOOoooooOOOo, spooky.

Reply #133
So do we even need torches?

Reply #134
Well, we don't have darkvision.

Reply #135

I think the light mysteriously disappears beyond the five square radius.  OoOOoooooOOOo, spooky.
That is not how light works!

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #136
That is not how light works!

f'ing torches, how do they work?

Reply #137
Probably use batteries, like the stupid LED headlamps that pretty much light an area all the way to your hand if you hold it out straight.

Reply #138
Speaking of headlamps, someone else should probably carry the torch if we end up doing much fighting before Astra gets issued her magic items!

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #139
Sorry, I fell flat asleep while drawing and didn't wake up until 4 am, lol.  Stupid comfy sofa.  Will post momentarily.

Reply #140
Was that last post of mine in the game thread okay? I just took a bunch of the skills that might have any relevance at all to the scene and rolled for them. I could wish the one for the ghost was higher - I imagine the rest of you have much more knowledge of what she is and what she can do, so that roll was fishing. :D

Reply #141
You see on the first page of the character sheet pdf I sent, the abilities section?  And the column of boxes labelled 'check'?  That's what you want to add to your roll when doing an ability check, not the entire ability value; each check value is equal to half your level plus your ability modifier (which is -1 for an ability score of 8 or 9, 0 for 10 or 11, 1 for 12 or 13, etc).

eta: also, 5+3=8, not 7 :P

• Teshi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #142
Was that last post of mine in the game thread okay? I just took a bunch of the skills that might have any relevance at all to the scene and rolled for them. I could wish the one for the ghost was higher - I imagine the rest of you have much more knowledge of what she is and what she can do, so that roll was fishing. :D

Besides jussr's correction there, it was great.  I usually give a fairly cursory description of new places/people/etc. and then reveal much more in response to checks.

Reply #143
You see on the first page of the character sheet pdf I sent, the abilities section?  And the column of boxes labelled 'check'?  That's what you want to add to your roll when doing an ability check, not the entire ability value; each check value is equal to half your level plus your ability modifier (which is -1 for an ability score of 8 or 9, 0 for 10 or 11, 1 for 12 or 13, etc).

eta: also, 5+3=8, not 7 :P

Urghhh. I cannot simple arithmetic.

Thanks! I'll pay more attention to the pdf.

Currently I'm trying to bake a cake and clean things before my music group arrives at 6:30. As a domestically challenged person this is hard. :D

Reply #144
[Oh, and can you come up with a default marching order/arrangement?  Obviously you don't have to stay in it, but just so I have a general idea when not otherwise specified.]

I put Astra at the back because rank, but she'll go where she's put, with the possible exception of being put next to the ghost.  Probably makes more sense to spread out our two defenders, anyway.  I think she's best suited to being at the front, but she'll need to be ordered to that position.
  • Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:34:37 PM by jussr

Reply #145
Palitinate should take up rear guard. She has good Perception and had the longest ranged attack. Also glass cannon. Creon can watch Palitinates back against flankers.

Reply #146
Do ghosts have a sense of smell?

Reply #147
I'll be available to play in around four hours.

Reply #148
So b is making my character genderqueer and I am OK with that.

Reply #149
Oh crap, did I? I promise I'll get everyone sorted out soon.