It may have come to your attention that it’s been a week since I last updated this blog. Fear not, I haven’t been lazing around, but I have been avoiding things. Here are some of the reasons why this blog has gone without a post in recent history:
10. The dog ate it.
9. I’ve been in an existential crisis about climate change ever since learning that Donald Trump will renegotiate the Paris Accords if elected president.
8. Someone asked me why the UK should remain in the European Union. (I’m still counting the ways.)
7. I’m too busy making arrangements to attend Aristotle’s much-delayed wake.
6. The horror of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge recycling a suit to wear to the Queen’s Tea left me prostrate.
5. I was too ecstatic about Trump surpassing the 1237 Republican delegate count.
4. I fell into a temporal rift and spent the entire week in the Fall of 2017 watching the new Star Trek series. It’s awesome. You’re going to love it.
3. I was celebrating the resignation of San Francisco Police Chief Greg Suhr.
2. I was counting the planets recently discovered by the Kepler telescope because 1284 isn’t an aesthetically pleasing number I’m sure it’s actually a nice round number like 1300.
1. I was too busy holding a door.
In the end, I was simply busy with other things, including a catastrophic database failure on an old and creaky site I have a certain fondness for. I was too tired, too busy, too scatterbrained, too sleepy, too focused on other stuff.
All Of This Has Happened Before And Will Happen Again
So say we all.